Laidric Stevenson was born in Wisconsin but left before he could walk and talk, so he doesn’t consider himself a Midwesterner. Spending his childhood and teenage years between the bordering states of Oklahoma and Texas, he first became interested in photography around the release of Nirvana’s Nevermind album.
Due to the somewhat transient nature of his childhood, his photography is rooted in discovering a sense of place. He is a believer in the power of photography in the book format, and is an enthusiastic self publisher of zines and small photo books.
He spends his days in an office environment and photographs in his free time, he is based in Dallas, Texas.
- Lenscratch - Hometown (Aug 2012)
- Lenscratch - Favorite Photographs of 2012 (Jan 2013)
- Lenscratch - Self Portraits (Feb 2013)
- FotoFilmic Shortlist Winner (July 2013)
- Don't Take Pictures - Instamatic (Feb - May 2015)
- Humble Arts Foundation - Photo for Non-Majors (Dec 2021)
- Black Box Gallery PDX - Black & White (Feb 2022)
- Dab Art - Art in the Time of Corona - (Jan - Dec 2022)
- ART214, Latino Cultural Center, Dallas, Texas (April 2022)
- Texas National 2022, Cole Art Center, Nacogdoches, Texas (April 2022)
- Fraction Magazine 14th Anniversary Issue (May 2022)
- Square Magazine March 2016
- Sedan Zine Vol 1 2019
- FotoFilmic JRNL #11 Winter 2022
- 2022 Somerville Toy Camera Festival, Nave Gallery & Washington Street Gallery, Somerville, MA